Technology for Living (TFL) works with people who have severe physical disabilities and helps them to live as well and as independently as possible.
TFL provides people who experience physical barriers with peer support, innovative technologies, respiratory therapy services and equipment that address unmet needs and increase independence, inclusion and wellbeing.
We envision a society where people who face physical barriers can maximize independence and autonomy at home through technology and support.
- You have a right to self-determination.
- All of our programs should be accessible, equitable and fair to everyone that it serves.
- People who use the Technology for Living Provincial Respiratory Outreach Program have a right to funding security in the provision of respiratory equipment and supplies.
- You have the right to express your needs, to voice your concerns and articulate your goals in a climate of personal safety.
- You have the capacity to learn and to develop the skills and knowledge to manage your own respiratory and assistive technology needs.
- The policies and procedures of our programs are developed and administered using best practices in transparency.
- Our programs are accountable to the people that they serve.
- Program staff work collaboratively and strive for excellence in service.
- Our programs allow people to develop the skills, knowledge and experience to manage their own respiratory and/or assistive technology needs.
- Family members and personal attendants will receive the training and education necessary to provide the best possible assistance to the individuals they support.
- We foster mutual aid and support through peer mentoring, consumer testing and consumer led education.
- Personal choice is promoted in all of our services.
- We ensure equal access and quality to everyone we serve.
- Continuous evaluation of health and social outcomes, clinical and technical performance is undertaken, assessed and integrated into the programs.
- The programs report to our Board of Directors and seek their guidance in upholding the mission, values and principles.
- To provide high quality member centered responsive services
- To encourage collaborative and innovative thinking
- To develop and maintain strong networks and resources
- To increase our profile and presence in the BC community
- To consolidate and grow our strengths to sustain our programs and impact
At Technology for Living, diversity equity and inclusion are part of our history. We continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse voices of our members, Board and employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our members and the communities we serve.
Our Diversity & Inclusion programming includes a respectful environment for everyone.
Technology for Living is situated on the traditional and unceded territory of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱ wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
We are grateful to work with people from across the traditional and unceded territories covering all regions of British Columbia. We hope to create meaningful collaboration opportunities with local indigenous communities who are keepers of land, sea, and air, we seek to ensure that British Columbians in all regions of the province can benefit from an inclusive, accessible province.