What’s a Peer?
A peer is any person going through like-minded circumstances to yours. Some of the ways we support one another are:
- Listening to each other’s concerns
- Sharing information with each other and with Technology For Living
- Understanding everyone is unique
- Respecting everyone’s opinions
- Attending events to support each other socially and emotionally
If you’re interested in joining, Contact Nancy
We’re a diverse group of members, some of whom know what it’s like to live with a ventilator, transition from an institution to the community, and live with a disability.
As the Peer Support Facilitator at Technology For Living, Nancy Lear is suggesting: “If you get the opportunity to share your experiences with other people, please do so! It’s empowering for everyone involved.”
Peer Support Facilitator, Nancy Lear