Technology for Living is looking for volunteers with fundraising experience
The ideal candidates have fundraising or planning experience and are deeply committed to accessibility and inclusion of vulnerable people and supporting BC residents (including youth 12-18) with physical disabilities to participate as fully as possible in community.
The Development Committee creates, directs and monitors a comprehensive and tactical fund development plan for operational revenue generation. The Development Committee provides direction in order that the agency is donor-centric and adheres to fundraising best practices.
Scope of Responsibilities
- To assist TFL to meet its financial targets, the Development Committee will work with staff and volunteers to:
- Create a Development Plan that supports and encourages community and corporate engagement with the TFL in both the short and long-term;
- Establish and monitor a yearly fund development budget and to allocate appropriate monetary and human resources to carry out the Development Plan;
- Support the staff and volunteers to identify, research, solicitate, foster and steward major prospect and donors so as to build a pipeline of on-going support;
- Assist with the development and cultivation of mutually supportive fundraising partnerships with local community groups and organizations;
- Monitor and evaluate progress in meeting fundraising targets and return on investment;
- Oversee the formation/review of policies and procedures associated with fund development activities so that they are conducted in accordance with CRA regulations.
- Create and recommend development policies that ensure that fundraising best practices are maintained and that the agency’s fund development program is donor-centric.
- Develop and champion the concept of TFL ambassadorship for Board members, staff and volunteers with respect to their role and responsibilities in helping to achieve fundraising success.
- Promote and support fundraising events/activities by attending, volunteering and/or giving monetary/in-kind assistance to the level that committee members are able.
- Review and recommend levels of sponsorship recognition and evaluate methods of donor recognition and stewardship opportunities so that all donations of time and money are recognized appropriately.
- Uphold the principles set forth in the Donor Bill of Rights.
- Actively stay current with fund development trends and maximize professional development opportunities with the goal of strengthening the agency’s fundraising capacity.
As necessary, estimated 3 times per year.
How to Apply
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org